Updated April 13, 2021
Ski slopes and lifts are open until April 18. Restaurants are open, and you can enjoy food both inside and outside. Alcohol can still not be served. The ski resort will remain open until April 18.
When it is not possible to keep a distance of at least one meter, wearing a face mask is required by law. Hol municipality is subject to the general national regulations.
You can read the latest updates from our region here: https://www.hol.kommune.no/aktuelt/koronavirus-viktig-informasjon/
It is unfortunately impossible for us to translate all official regulations to english due to risk of misinterpretation, especially with the frequently updated restrictions. We kindly ask that you use Google Translate if necessary, or contact your supplier, company or the tourist information office if you have any questions.
For the latest updates, please read:
Before you come to Geilo, please consider the following:
- Do I feel unwell?
- Am I in quarantine/Isolation?
If the answers to any of these questions is yes, do not visit our resort. We are completely dependent on people that have symptoms, feel unwell or are in quarantine, stay at home.
If the answer to both the questions above is no, we ask that you follow these now familiar rules:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly. An alcohol-based disintectant can be a good alternative.
- Keep a good distance (1 meter) to others that are not your close contacts.
- Cough into the crook of your elbow or a paper tissue
What should you do if you get symptoms or fall ill when you are at our resort this winter?
- Isolate yourself in a separate room if possible
- Seek medical advice. Ask for help from the employees where you are staying.
- Do not use public transport
- Cover your mouth and nose or keep 2 meters away from others
If you have anything to report, contact your doctor or representatives for the resort.
To prevent queues, we are encouraging visitors to purchase lift passes online. You will also get 10 % discount when you buy your lift pass online.
When purchasing a lift pass, all guests will be told that they must follow the infection control advice, and that they must not visit the resort if they have symptoms of a respiratory infection or if they are in quarantine.
Violation of these rules may result in being banned from the resort.
- Norway now has restrictions on the use of ski lifts. As far as possible, please share lifts and T-bars with members of your family or travelling party only. If you share a lift with skiers outside your party, please ensure that every other seat on the lift is left free.
- Whilst queuing for a lift, we ask that you stay a ski pole’s length away from the person in front, behind and to the side of you. Follow signs and instructions.
- All lifts will be manned, tell the lift operator if you need help getting on the lift
- Do not use the windshield when using chairlifts
- The number of people in each ski lift will be limited.
- There will be no single skier queues to avoid mixing families and travel parties
The resort is looking at ways of spreading the skiers around the area to make the best use of the capacity where needed.
Tuition and ski schools are welcome offerings for many, but we have had to make some changes to the service this year.
- Please do not attend if you are ill or have symptoms
- Keep 1 meter apart
- Only one adult can accompany a child to the meeting place
- To help the organization of the lesson, we ask that you arrive in plenty of time before the lesson. This will also help facilitate social distancing
- Ensure that there is a maximum of 10 people in each group
- Ensure limited contact in games and during the lessons
- Limit the sharing of equipment
Many guests want to hire skis or snowboards. This will still be possible, but these need to be pre-booked where possible.
- Equipment is cleaned with soap and water after use
- Helmets will be quarantined if necessary
- All ski poles and goggles should be moved behind the desk in shops and rental shops to avoid testing
- Introduce stricter routines for cleaning, and follow the guidelines in our industry
- Disinfect all necessary contact surfaces, such as door handles, toilets, remote controls, and other smooth surfaces.
- The whole resort will be equipped with hand sanitizer and good, clear communication for our guests.